Engineer John C., E-Readers Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

How do I transfer books on my Kindle to my iPad? I already

How do I transfer books on my Kindle to my iPad? I already have the Kindle APP that allows me to download Kindle books to my iPad.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Tap teh Kindle app from your iPad to open it

2- From your Kindle app login using your email address and Amazon password.

3- Then you will have your books there for free.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the "Accept Answer" green button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get to the Kindle APP login? My Kindle screen shows me iPad Time battery charge.

On the next line Kindle Home

Then the book titles

Then Archived items How to arrange Sorted by Sync symbol and last info.
There seems to be nowhere I can go for Kindle log in.

On my Settings page I find "Apps", but no Kindle, just iBooks and Wolfram Alpha.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I just did under, "You replied".

OK. Please open the Kindle app from the iPad.

You should have a "setting" icon on the lower right corner.

Tap it, then tap the "i"

Then tap "Settings"

Tap "Registered to ..."

If you see your name there, you should be fine, otherwise please tap "Deregister this Kindle". Then tap Leave if prompted

Then enter your email address and your Amazon password XXXXX tap "Register this Kindle"

Then tap "Cloud" and you should have your books there. Tap the book you want to read to download it. Then tap it again to start reading the book.

Engineer John C., E-Readers Expert
Experience: Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry! I must be stupid. The iPad is registered to me. Fine. But nowhere do I find "Cloud". I went to "Settings" and activated Cloud by turning "Documents and Data" ON. But that's where I stand. No "Cloud" in the Kindle "Settings".

Your answers sound very good, but somehow they fall short of my problem.

In any event, I'll accept your answers, regretting that they missed target somehow.

OK, this has nothing to do with the Apple "iCloud", don't go to the iPad Settings.

Let's try this: when you open the Kindle app from your iPad, you should see a "sync" icon before the "i"

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Click the sync icon and your books should sync with your Kindle for iPad.

Does it work now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For some reason, I am unable to sync, even hard wired to my Macbookpro. Lets just forget the whole thing. My iPad2 simply won't get on my WiFi setup, though everything else is on it. Thanks for your time.

OK, I can help you for sure. If the iPad is not connected to internet, please tap Settings, then tap WiFi, then tap the NAME of your wireless network. (Tap the Name, do NOT tap the right arrow on the right).

Then if prompted, enter your wireless network password. If you don't remember it OR if you get an error message here, please let me know.

We need to connect the iPad to wifi in order to be able to download the books. I didn't know you weren't connected to WiFi.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My iPad is on the WiFi and hard wired to the Mac. I have synced the iPad to the MacBook Pro. But no results other than two or three duplications from a list of fifty plus titles.

OK, but you said "My iPad2 simply won't get on my WiFi setup"

Also, no need to connect the iPad to the Mac with the USB cable, the iPad can be used without the need of a computer, at all.

Please unplug the iPad from the computer, then open Safari and try to open any website, like www.cnn.com or www.fox.com, do they open?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. The iPad is definitely responding to my WiFi system.
That's weird.

Please try removing the Kindle app from the iPad.

Then please reset the iPad. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Remember when you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Then please go to AppStore and download the Kindle app again.

Tap the Kindle app and let me know if this time it worked.

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't know if you will get this. My keyboard just stopped working. This is an old one that doesn't work well. Did what you asked, deleted, reset, reinstalled and pressed Kindle APP. Got my old iPad books back, but none from Kindle. Do have a "Cloud" key now. I guess I can download my Kindle books individually from Amazon. Thanks for all your help.

That's weird, it should work.

Did you download the Kindle app from the AppStore?

Also, are you using the same account you used to buy the books?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes and yes.

That's so weird, unfortunately I am out of ideas now. I would try calling Amazon Kindle at 1-866-321-8851 to see if there is a problem with your account.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I e-mailed them last night. No answer yet. Talked it over with my daughter. Her immediate concern was that my iPad account has a different address from my Amazon account. She says until the accounts have the same address and password forget it. She also adds her son, age eleven, figured out how to transfer in no time at all just by pushing buttons. Thanks for all your help. Goodbye.