Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
10156100

My new Kobo Touch will not sync with my Borders e LIbrary.

My new Kobo Touch will not sync with my Borders e LIbrary. It will only sync with Kobo ebooks. How do I fix this? V
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am still waiting for an answer. The Borders screen shows the message that it is syncing & "this will take a few minutes" - and then nothing happens. VM
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 4 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

In order to receive the books in your Borders eBook account on the Kobo you must go through a partner migration transfer.

Kobo is partners with Borders, however Kobo uses it's own pro-proririty store for purchasing books.

I have provide link which explains steps taken to migrate the books to your Kobo account.

Click here>>>Migration Transfer

If you have any further questions please reply back to me.

Thank you,
Cris
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank You for the information. As I am at work now I will try it when I get home (in about 6 hours). I will lwt you know if it works out. RegardsVM

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome,

No problem just reply back to me here and let me know the outcome.

Thanks,
Cris
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This does not work for me.

At Step 2. "Follow this link to begin the eBook library transfer process" Iget the following error message.

"Sorry, we're unable to locate the content you're looking for. The content may no longer be available or the link you followed may be broken. "

Regards

VM

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

I am very sorry but after looking into the matter I found out that the migration process is no longer offered.

The feature was offered for awhile after the store closings in Sept. they have now stopped the migration process.
Cris, Technician
Experience: A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do I sync my Kobowith my e Library?
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately you can't, Kobo doesn't allow migration anymore. They offered the service for a short while.

I am sorry about that, you will need to the Kobo store going forward.