AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics

My Kindle screen shows only one half of the screen. This is

Customer Question

My Kindle screen shows only one half of the screen. This is the replacement for my original Kindle purchased in March 2011, replaced in July 2011. This is the same pfoblem I had before, where half of of the screen is blank.
I was not sure if it was warrantied or if the warranty does not apply to the replacement. Please help me with this problem. I love being able to take the Kindle with me and that one is so lightweight.
Thank you for your assistance.
Lee Coulon XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 2 years ago.
Let's try to force a reboot. If you have a leather cover on it, remove it. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes and while still plugged in, slide and hold the switch for one minute. Allow 3 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It did not correct the problem.. Screen is still one half blank
Approximately when did you purchase the Kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Feb or March 2011 and it was replaced in July 2011

You have a few options at this point, but repairing it wouldn't be one of my choices due to the cost involved.

They may actually replace it for free. Contact Kindle Support at 866-321-8851. If not, they may charge a small trade-in fee. When you receive it, register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives.

Another option is just to purchase one brand new for just $79 CLICK HERE if you want information on the new line of Kindles.

Your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask, otherwise don't forget to accept my answer and have a great day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am aware that you have already deposited my payment. Why did I need to give yoiu that when I have an Amazon account.? Will that be refunded as they siad earlier in my Correspondence?
I'm not sure about correspondence you had previously with us. I see none on your account.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I meant my conversation with you. I do not understand who you are exactly and wondered why I would need to giv eyou a deposit for my question. I went through Amazon.com and got you. Why would there ber a charge? - In reading the first mail from you it siad in order to continue with mu question, I would have to give you a $30 deposit " Good Faith" deposit. and that it would be refunded. Will it be refunded?

JustAnswer is not affiliated with Amazon. Not sure how you ended up here. The good faith deposit is collected because experts on this site are unpaid unless the customers accept the answers once they have been helped. Without the good faith deposit, no expert would help because we are not hourly workers. We just answer questions provided to us from JustAnswer. They refund it if you get no help in getting your answer resolved.