AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

My kindle fire will not turn on. The green power light comes

Customer Question

My kindle fire will not turn on. The green power light comes on for 2 seconds and then just goes off...what happened??
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

I believe your firmware may need resetting. Try rebooting your Kindle by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Wait one minute and try turning it on and using it. If the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know. If it corrects the problem, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer will credit me with assisting you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done this...before I ever PAID $30.00 to you...
You didn't tell me that so I had no way of knowing.

Let's try to force a reboot. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes and while still plugged in, slide and hold the switch for one minute. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience: Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry for the miscommunication. Maybe I need to reiterate that this is a KINDLE FIRE, there is no slide button...it's just a hold button placed next to the port where the battery charger plugs in. I have had my kindle fire plugged into the battery charger for over fifteen minutes, but it will not allow me to do ANYTHING with it still plugged in. If I disconect the charger, the green light will flash on for about 2 seconds, and then just goes off.
So you have had it plugged in without unplugging it for 15 minutes straight and then held the power button for 30 seconds without unplugging it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok,..that worked...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!