Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It , Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

i forgot my passcode to get on my nook how do i unlock it

i forgot my passcode to get on my nook how do i unlock it !!!!!!!!!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 4 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzteDBcP00

Hi please see the above video after three failed attempts of the passcode, should have option to use your B&N account password XXXXX disable the passcode.

~

If that does not do the trick , then will need to factory reset your Nook . As follows:

1. With the NOOKcolor powered off hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOKcolor powers on.
  2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  3. Press n button (home).
  4. You will be prompted to confirm. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  5. Press n button (home).
  6. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOKcolor will reboot automatically once complete.

Will then need to re-complete the registration and reload the books from your account to your nook.

reference - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK-Support/379003184

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well i tryied the part of turning it on and off and factory reset but it still didnt work! any other advice?
Hi please see the link on the bottom of my last post and identify which model Nook you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
its a nook color

Hmmm, Ok well lets double check the reset process;

1.Ensure your NOOKcolor is powered off; to do so, depress the power button for 5 seconds. Your LCD screen should turn off
2.With your NOOKcolor powered off, Hold the Home Key (NOOK "n," logo below the LCD), while simultaneously depressing the Power Button for up to 25 seconds.
3. Your NOOKcolor will begin the start up process, Do NOT let go until a confirmation window appears asking if you would like to, "Factory Reset Your Device?" This will De-Register as well as erase all content and information on your NOOKcolor (Including the 4 Digit Pass-code
4. Depress the Home Key to continue with the Factory Reset
5. Depress the Home Key again to Confirm
6. Your device will now begin the clearing process. Upon completion you will regain access to your NOOKcolor however all account and personal information (email, contacts, pass-code, credit card, etc..) will be deleted from your device. You will then be able to Re-Register your NOOKcolor and start anew

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

im soo sorry for your time but i did the 1and2nd step and the screen went from read forever to a blank screen and i kept holding it but nothing happened?Cry im sorry for your time and effort!

Hi no worries, Please see below listed Nook Color recomendations;

If You Cannot Remember Your Passcode

You will be given 5 chances to enter your passcode correctly. After entering your passcode incorrectly 5 consecutive times you will receive a message stating "You have incorrectly entered your pin 5 times.Please try again in 60 seconds." You can then tap "OK to continue" and your NOOK will display a countdown of the time remaining.

If you still cannot remember your passcode, it is recommended that you contact Barnes & Noble Digital Support via chat (if available) at bn.com/chatwithus , via e-mail at [email protected] or by phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN(available Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST, and Sat-Sun 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST).