AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

MY kindle is stuck on the charge screen. When i press and hold

MY kindle is stuck on the charge screen. When i press and hold the on/off button it blinks three times and then goes right back to the screen. I try to plug it into the computer and its not recognizing it either
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Your firmware may be glitched. Try rebooting your Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. If you have the newest model, it has a push button. Press it and hold it for 20 seconds. Your Kindle operating system should reload within three minutes. If this does not occur or the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know. If it corrects the problem, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer will credit me with assisting you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nothing, I pressed for 20 seconds, it blinked a few times thats it
Let's try to force a reboot. If you have a leather cover on it, remove it. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes and while still plugged in, slide and hold the switch for one minute. Allow 3 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know the approximate purchase date of your Kindle. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still froze. It was purchased in late november
Contact Kindle Warranty Support at(NNN) NNN-NNNN They will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it,register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives. Until your replacement arrives, your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask, otherwise don't forget to accept my answer and have a great day.