PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

My Kindle model D01100 has a frozen screen. no combination

My Kindle model D01100 has a frozen screen. no combination for button pushes or recharging makes any difference. It is stuck on an advertisement. I can't even shut it completely off. One minute it was working and the next minute it was frozen.

Any advice?
Hello, thank you for choosing Justanswer.

This happen mostly due to some problem in the firmware. I know you have tried a lot already but please read the following. First reset your Kindle by pressing or sliding and holding the power switch(at the bottom) for 20 seconds. Release the power switch. This will reboot the Kindle. If it still doesn't work, plug the charger for 5 minutes and while it is plugged, try the reboot process. Let me know if it helps.

Best,
Pramit

Please click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if you are SATISFIED with my help, so that I'll be credited for assisting you. It is applicable even if you have subscription.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are greatly appreciated!!
Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.