simitpatel
simitpatel, Engineer
Experience:  I own and have dismantled both the Sony E-Reader, and 2 models of the Kindle.
15190142

My kindle has the empty battery page stuck when you open it.

Customer Question

My kindle has the empty battery page stuck when you open it. I have charged it and held the power switch for 15 seconds like it says, but I still can't get ride of this error message. What can I do????
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  simitpatel replied 4 years ago.

simitpatel :

Hello. Let me know when you are ready. Just type into the box below and press enter to reply.

simitpatel :

Do you have the leather cover that hooks into the side of the Kindle? That cover has been known to cause issues with the Kindle. Try removing the cover. Then, Try resetting the Kindle. Make sure the Kindle is unplugged, and then slide the power switch and hold it for 30 seconds. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Customer:

I can't remember how to get the cover off

simitpatel :

Near the top hook, there's a tab. Pull the tab down to release the top hook.

Customer:

Got it, thanks

Customer:

Ok, I tried to reset again and still nothing

simitpatel :

OK. Now, plug the Kindle into power for 5 minutes, and then hold the power switch for 30 seconds.

Customer:

I just plugged it in. How can I tell for sure that its charging?

simitpatel :

The light on the Kindle should be yellow

Customer:

The light turns green when I push the power button over, but there is no light when I am charging it

simitpatel :

OK. Just leave it plugged in for a few more minutes and then hold the power button for 30 seconds.

simitpatel :

Did that fix it?

Customer:

NO

simitpatel :

OK. In that case, the Kindle has likely had a hardware failure, and it was likely caused by that cover. How long have you had the Kindle?

Customer:

About 4 months

The Kindle is still under warranty. Your best option would be to call Amazon at the number below. They will likely send you a replacement the Kindle. You will get the replacement in a few days and it will have all your books on it

1-866-321-8851