AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics

my kindle fire wont stay on after charging it.

my kindle fire won't stay on after charging it.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.
Let's try to force a reboot. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes and while still plugged in, press and hold the switch for 30 seconds Allow 2 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know the approximate purchase date of your Kindle. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is saying battery is to low and i had charged it for 4 hours so don't know if my charger is bad or what I bought the kindle nov of 2011 and this is the second time I have had trouble.
Are you getting the yellow light when you plug the Kindle into the charger? If not, try a different outlet. If that doesn't work, try the USB cable plugged into the computer with it. Let me know if any of these give you a yellow light.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am getting a yellow light and was before but it didn;t work then either. so I will wait 15 minutes and see if it will go on.
Very good. I'm pretty confident it will work because it's very likely it was the charging software.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is charging now but very slow. Don;t know if it is the charger or the kindle fire itself. I am not happy with the way it works.