Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I connect my KINDLE without a Wi-Fi network availab

How do I connect my KINDLE without a Wi-Fi network available?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

In order to get Wi Fi, you would need to purchase a wireless internet router from your internet provider, or from Staples or Walmart and connect to your internet modem. Aside from that, places like Mcdonalds, Dunkin Donuts, or Starbucks all have free Wi Fi you can connect to in one of thier establishments.

Registering your Kindle Fire

To fully use all of the features of your Kindle Fire, you must register it to your Amazon account. If you have not yet registered, please do so now. Prior to registering, connect to a Wi-Fi network by tapping the Quick Settings icon at the top of the screen, then selecting Wi-Fi. Choose the network you want to use. Once you're connected, tap the Quick Settings icon, then tap More and select the My Account option to register.

Here is a link to the rest of the Manual for your Kindle Fire:

http://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kindle_Fire_Users_Guide.pdf

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't register my Kindle with Amazon without the password. Since I (apparently) don't have WiFi, I can't supply a password! Catch 22?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

No, when you're trying to connect Wi Fi, you need the password XXXXX the router. If you connect with a USB cable, you don't need the Wi Fi password.

Please read my post below, and then click the link below that to see how to do it:

You can register and use the Kindle either with Wi-Fi (if you have, or are planning to purchase a Wireless Router), or without Wi-Fi (Hard wired connection to your computer).

How can I register Kindle without wireless or WiFi?

Go to "Manage Your Kindle" page on amazon and click on "Register new Kindle" link. You will be asked for the serial number. Serial number can be found either in the Settings page or on the back of your device. Please note that nothing will change on your Kindle device until it actually connects to the wireless. However you can now purchase books and transfer them via USB cable.

Click on the Video below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m3FE632EN50D4P/ref=ent_fb_link