Rod , Engineer
Experience:  Design Engineer, using E-books in system integration.
14090506

HOW DO I UNREGISTER MY KINDLE FIRE?

HOW DO I UNREGISTER MY KINDLE FIRE?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.

You can do it under your Amazon account, or use the Fire, if it is connected to the network.

To do it with the Fire, press the Quick Settings Icon (the spoke in the upper right hand corner), then press More. Then select My Account: Displays the Amazon account name to which your Kindle Fire is registered. There is also a button for registering/deregistering your device.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to give this kindle as a surprise gift to a close friend. Will deregistering remove all references to my account number from kindle software/memory??

Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.

It should, but you can also reset it to factory default, and it will erase everything. Go to More and then Device. Displays available storage space, your device’s serial number, its Wi-Fi MAC address, its system version, and an option to reset to factory defaults. Please note that resetting your Kindle Fire to its original factory settings removes all personal data, Amazon account information, downloaded content, and applications from your device.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tried that but "device" doesn't come up as one of choices under "more"!
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.

When you press More, you need to scroll down (lightly slide your finger down on the page), Device will be about the 3rd from the bottom, then select it - and scroll down to Reset to Factory Defaults.

Thanks,