knelly74
knelly74, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid technology enthusiast and reader.
26642388

I cannot find my 16 digit Kindle serial number on any of the

I cannot find my 16 digit Kindle serial number on any of the paperwaork. I am not wireless so I can't get it off the Kindle apparently - thus I cannot register.
Carol
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  knelly74 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Which model of the Kindle do you have?

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Hello, please can you repeat your answer so this expert can now help you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Kindle Wireless Reading Device Wi-Fi. 6"
Expert:  knelly74 replied 4 years ago.

Do you still have your original box by chance? The serial number is XXXXX on the box...

If you don't have the box, please let me know...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I havr the originsal box.

What a run around I have been given - This is the 4th time I have answered this question and no one has replied beyond this point yet. I have been on this site a long time .

Carol
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I keep being sent to a site where it says I will get an atert on the page or an email. I have never gotten an atert but I do get the email.
Carol
Expert:  knelly74 replied 4 years ago.
The serial number is XXXXX the box - are you able to locate it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no - that is the point I cannot find a 16 number on the papers on the box. I googled what it looks like and apparently it is near a bar code - but there is no 16 digit number near my bar code.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you get my reply above?
Expert:  knelly74 replied 4 years ago.

I did, thank you - you can also find the serial number on your Kindle by selecting "Home," then selecting the "Menu" and selecting "Settings."

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MAy I ask another question if I have truble registering as I am no wireless or hoooked to net work - Thanks for getting me to the serial number.
Expert:  knelly74 replied 4 years ago.

Of course - what is the question?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On the Amazon site it keeps telling me to find the screen on the Kindle to register but Ithat only works if I am wireless - which I am not. How can I register in a wireless way?
Expert:  knelly74 replied 4 years ago.

You can register directly from your Amazon account by entering the serial number. Log into Amazon.com - here are some screenshots to help show how to get to the registration screen:

Log into your Amazon account, then select Manage My Kindle from the department menu, like this:

graphic

Then click to register and enter your serial number:

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I register. That worked. Then I clicked deregister as I am trying to pass this Kindle to my firend sitting here. I can't seem to get it to stop being in my name. I click deregister - it asks for the serial number and I type it in. Then I click register and it shows that it still belongs to me. So then I put in serial number and no screen comes up for another name or email to be registered?
Expert:  knelly74 replied 4 years ago.
Deregister the Kindle, just as you did - to register again, it needs to be done on a different Amazon account - have your friend make an account, then register the Kindle under their account.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have clidked de register three times and without closing amazon have tried to re-register. Perhaps I need to close the site and reopen?
Expert:  knelly74 replied 4 years ago.

Deregister, then log out at the top of the page. You can close amazon.com if you would like, then reopen it.

Log in with the account of the person who would like to register the kindle, then register.

knelly74, Customer Service
Experience: Avid technology enthusiast and reader.