AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics

My kindle fire has a frozen screen. I held the button down

My kindle fire has a frozen screen. I held the button down to reboot but it still has a frozen screen...I've tried this several times with no result...when I first plug it in the light is green but it soon turns to orange.. any suggestions??/
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Let's try to force a reboot. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes and while still plugged in, slide and hold or press and hold the switch for one minute. Allow 3 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know the approximate purchase date of your Kindle. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no response from kindle....
Approximately when did you purchase the Kindle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
a couple of weeks ago.....
Contact Kindle Warranty Support at(NNN) NNN-NNNN They will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it,register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives.

Until your replacement arrives, your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask, otherwise don't forget to accept my answer and have a great day.