Engineer John C., E-Readers Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

My new Kindle fire will not connect to my wireless system so

My new Kindle fire will not connect to my wireless system so I can register it.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your Kindle. I will try and answer your question precisely and accurately.

Is the Fire asking you for a wireless password?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. The wireless network is not password XXXXX
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

That's odd.

Can you open up the Silk browser on the Fire and try to get a web page?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can try. Where do I find the Silk browser?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Steve, Are you still there?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

It's one of the apps that came with the Fire.

Look through the apps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The apps on this device are Audible, Gallery, Pulse and Amazon Shop. Which one is "Silk"?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

You should have a menu across the top that has things like Books, Apps, Web etc.

Press Web.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Steve, I don't have 2 or 3 hours to devote to this process. Any alternatives?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.

No. Sorry.

I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in.

Hold on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Let me start over. New Kindle Fire. Unit turns on normally. Seems to connect to my properly functioning, non password XXXXX Netgear wireless system. Fire shows that its connected and shows all of the wireless bars on the top line.

When I go to my account to register the unit, the wifi bars go away and I get an error message that there is no wireless internet connection.

Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

After you follow my solution, please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

Please follow the steps below to reset the Kindle Fire:

1- Please press and hold the power button on the bottom of the device for 20 seconds.

2- After the 20 seconds, please release the power button

3- Please wait for the Kindle Fire will restart.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No change. Appears to be connected but immediately disconnects when I attempt to register the unit.
Let's try this:

1- Turn off your wireless router (and unplug it from the electricity outlet if it does not have a power button) BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

2- Turn off your internet modem (if you have one) and unplug it from the electricity outlet

3- Turn off your computer(s)

4- Turn off your wireless printer(s)

5- Wait 60 seconds

6- Turn them all ON again.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes please)

8- Try to connect
Engineer John C., E-Readers Expert
Experience: Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks John

That seemed to work.