Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

I have a Nook Tablet. Unable to connect to WiFi. My system

I have a Nook Tablet. Unable to connect to WiFi. My system is from 2WIRE and the model number is XXXXX There are two 2WIREs listed in my tablet, however, I do not remember my system password. There is a ten number password XXXXX the bottom of my modem along with ten numbers that goes with my network key. Can you advise or point me in the right direction?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

SSID is your wireless network name. The wireless network name (SSID) is 2WIRE + the last 3 (or 4) digits of the router's serial number, such as 2WIRE483

You can check the label on the back/bottom of the 2wire 3800HGV-B router/device for the serial number (S/N) and network key. Now see if you can connect the nook.

If that does not work, please go to the website: http://gateway.2wire.net and log in (if it asks for the password, use the system password, etc. at the bottom/back of the 2wire device, then and click on the local network / Wireless option to get the wireless password/security/network key. If needed, change the security to WPA2/WPA... and enter a new key, then save and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.