Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  Vice President of an Electronics Repair Company
329447

My new Kindle Fire will not accept my password.

My new Kindle Fire will not accept my password. I changed my password XXXXX directed and my Kindle Fire still will njot accept my password.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your Kindle. I will try and answer your question precisely and accurately.

Yes, your Amazon password XXXXX your WiFi password XXXXX two completely different things. The Amazon password XXXXX XXXXX the account that you have at Amazon, the account that holds all your books and purchases.

The WiFi password XXXXX XXXXX by the WiFi router in your home which allows the Kindle to connect to it and the Internet. Without that password, you can't connect to the Internet and therefore to your Amazon account.

Make sense?

So, you don't have a WiFi password?? Who setup your WiFi in your home?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All I did to set up my Kindle Fire was to plug it in to make sure that it was charged. Is there someone that I can call at Amazon to find out what my password XXXXX?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.

I'm not sure you read my answer so here it is again. At the end is a question for you. I need you to read it and then answer my question to you:

Your Amazon password XXXXX your WiFi password XXXXX two completely different things. The Amazon password XXXXX XXXXX the account that you have at Amazon, the account that holds all your books and purchases.

Make sense?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have read and understood your answer. I sent you a request for more information. I replied that the only thing I did to my Kindle was to plug it in to make sure that it was charged. Do you have a number for Amazon so that I can ask them what my password XXXXX
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.

I'm not sure you are understanding. Let's try again...

If you do not know your WiFi password, Amazon is not going to be able to help. They have no idea what your WiFi password XXXXX This is a password XXXXX for your Kindle to connect to the internet - to the outside world, through your wireless router.

Your WiFi password XXXXX have been set up by the person who set up your wireless router in your home.

Was that you?