AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics

I just deleted all my books on my kindle reader. How do I

I just deleted all my books on my kindle reader. How do I get them back. I was trying to download an audible app and everything went away.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Your books are safe in your account. You may have glitched software. Load a fresh operating system onto the Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. If you have the brand new model with the power button that you press, press and hold the button for 20 seconds. The Kindle should come back online within 3 minutes or so. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know if you saw the picture of the tree and the loading progress bar after you held the switch. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is not response from my kindle.

Can you provide the model number off of the back of it? It should begin with D00
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
D00701 A screen came up about resetting to factory settings and I pushed cancel but it seemed to reset anyway when I was doing the audible thing.
Let's try to force a reboot. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes and while still plugged in, slide and hold the switch for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is shorter. Allow 3 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot. Let me know if the Kindle doesn't display the picture of the tree when you perform this reboot. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The kindle is on and there are no archived items and just the dictionary and Users guide are showing as being on my Kindle. I had about 6 books plus the bible on it and 55 or more archived books. How do I get the books back that I have not read but already paid for.

You can get them all back. Most likely you just need to re-register your Kindle to your Amazon account. Do you need assistance doing this? Also, did you see the picture of the tree when you slid and held the switch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not see the tree . But it does say it is registered as Lujuanna's Kindle in the top left corner. I do need help on re-registering my account. I am older and not to up on what I am doing on the computer as you can tell. Sorry but that is job security for you HA
You should be seeing a picture of a tree when you slide and hold the power switch for 20 seconds. This makes me think that your Kindle has a problem with its operating system. Approximately when did you purchase the Kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is 2 years old.
Do you download your books wirelessly or do you connect to your computer to download?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wirelessly
CLICK HERE and watch the video. Perform the steps necessary to register the Kindle. When prompted, deregister it on the first try and then register it on the second try. Let me know if you still have no books in the archive.
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience: Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much. I do have the books archived. Now I just have to figure out which ones I have read. I appreciate your help.