Andy Mont
Andy Mont, Engineer
Experience:  R&D Engineer - Expert of Sony and Kindle
45520502

My kindle wont stay charged, what could be the problem. I

Customer Question

My kindle won't stay charged, what could be the problem. I know it is not the charger as I have another kindle that it charges fine.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  simitpatel replied 4 years ago.

simitpatel :

Hello. Let me know when you are ready. Just type into the box below and press enter to reply. Do you have the leather cover that hooks into the side of the Kindle?

simitpatel :

If you have that cover, then remove it. That cover causes issues with the Kindle.

simitpatel :

Then, Try resetting the Kindle. Make sure the Kindle is unplugged, and then slide the power switch and hold it for 30 seconds. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

simitpatel :

If that fixes it, please don't forget to click the ACCEPT button. Any bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated.

simitpatel :

Are you still there?

JACUSTOMER-k6ie157g- :

No nothing

simitpatel :

Do you have the leather cover that hooks into the side of the Kindle?

JACUSTOMER-k6ie157g- :

It won't turn on

JACUSTOMER-k6ie157g- :

no

simitpatel :

OK. In that case, the Kindle has had a hardware failure. How long have you had the Kindle?

JACUSTOMER-k6ie157g- :

2 years

simitpatel :

Your best option is to call Amazon at the number below. They will send you a replacement Kindle. They will charge about $40 for the replacement, since it is out of warranty. But that is much less than repairing the Kindle. The replacement will arrive in a few days, and will have all your books on it:

simitpatel :

1-866-321-8851

simitpatel :

Let me know if you need any more help with this. If I answered your question, please don't forget to click the ACCEPT button.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was hoping for a quick fix. Didn't want to have to wait for a replacement etc. Thanks for trying. I don't need anymore experts to answer
Well if you call Amazon soon, they might even ship it next day shipping at no charge, which is about as quickly as you can get that issue fixed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I appreciate your trying to help and if I ever have another issue that you can resolve I will use you. Since this issue was not resolved by you, I will not be accepting the answer.
Expert:  Andy Mont replied 4 years ago.
Please try this: connect your Kindle to the charger for at least 10 minutes and then slide and hold the power on switch for 30 seconds or until the screen flickers. Wait for the Kindle to restart. Let me know how it goes.