AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob , Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

The top half of my kindle screen is all blurry. It wasnt dropped

The top half of my kindle screen is all blurry. It wasn't dropped or mishandled, what do I do now?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

You may have glitched software. Load a fresh operating system onto the Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. If you have the brand new model with the power button that you press, press and hold the button for 20 seconds. The Kindle should come back online within 3 minutes or so. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know if you saw the picture of the tree and the loading progress bar after you held the switch. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried what you said and did see the tree and the loading bar but it's still blurry
Not a good sign. Approximately when did you purchase the Kindle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's about 2 years.old.
Parts for Kindles aren't readily available, but that isn't really an issue because you can Contact Kindle Support at(NNN) NNN-NNNN For a trade-in fee (which would be less than a repair fee), they will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it, register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives. Your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask, otherwise don't forget to accept my answer and have a great day.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much.I think I will trade it in, but in the mean time I do have an iPad and would like to know how to transfer my books over. Thanks Cathy
CLICK HERE for a link to the iPad application.

CLICK HERE
for instrucitons on using the application.

Have a great evening Cathy.