AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

my kindle has a blank screen - no picture, just white. the

my kindle has a blank screen - no picture, just white. the green light shows some life in it, but can't see anything....seems to be frozen.

Help and thank you

katherine atteberry
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

You may have glitched software. Load a fresh operating system onto the Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. The Kindle should come back online within 3 minutes or so. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know if you saw the picture of the tree and the loading progress bar after you held the switch. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This did not work. Any other suggestions?

Let's try to force a reboot. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes and while still plugged in, slide and hold the switch for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is shorter. Allow 3 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know the approximate purchase date of the Kindle. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.