First make sure that the Kindle 2 is completely charged. Even if it is "frozen" it should still charge - that is the charging indicator should light when the charger is connected. If the charging indicator does not light-up check your plug and let me know.
Once the Kindle 2 is charged do this to reset it :
1. Please remove your Kindle 2 from the charger.
2. Then slide the power switch to the right and hold it there.
3. Then "slowly" count to about 15 (make sure that the switch is held in its place for at least 15 seconds).
4. And then release the switch.
5. At first nothing will happen, so please be patient.
6. After about 5 to 10 seconds the Kindle 2 will flash on and off several times.
7. Then the "Amazon" logo will appear, with a progress bar showing that the Kindle is restarting.
8. Finally the Home page will load with your ebooks, audio books, and other media you have loaded onto your Kindle.
Thats all you need to do and your Kindle 2 should be in working condition now.
Important Note :
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds, then you will just turn the unit OFF.
You have to hold the power button to the right for at least 15 seconds as explained above.
Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.
(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)
Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.