AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob , Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

Bought a Wi-Fi and 3G amazonkindle at Heathrow Airport in transit

Bought a Wi-Fi and 3G amazonkindle at Heathrow Airport in transit back to New Zealand and started using it yesterday after fully charging it. Whispernet indicator showed three solid bars and I was able to register my kindle with Amazon.com and was able to purchase my first book but it hasn't fully downloaded (72% complete) and I have lost my Whispernet connection. What do I need to do?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.

AnswerManRob :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

You may have glitched software. Load a fresh operating system onto the Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. The Kindle should come back online within 3 minutes or so. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know the model number of your Kindle. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.

AnswerManRob :

Any luck?

AnswerManRob :

I think you may be having difficulty with our chat feature. I will switch to question and answer mode. You will receive an email. Let me know if this didn't work. If your problem has been solved, please remember to accept my answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My kindle wasworking well and I was able to purchase and download books via Amazon.com. I lost my Whispernet connection a few times but was able to get it back by holding the power switch for 20 seconds. However this isn't working very well now. I get my connection back by holding power switch for 20 seconds but it is lost again within a short time. As I am currently downloading a book, the loss of the connection stops the download
My Kindle is Version Kindle 3.1(558700031) Serial No: B00AA0A01153030A
You shouldn't have to restore the software repeatedly. This should be very infrequent.
It sounds like you have a hardware failure. Fortunately that is covered by a warranty against material defects.

Contact Kindle Warranty Support at 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNN They will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it, register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives. If you have any other questions, please ask, otherwise don't forget to accept my answer and have a great day.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. The phone number you gave me doesn't connect here in New Zealand so I have sent an email to Amazon.com instead with a copy and paste of my last question to you and your reply re a replacement. I should have a response from them within 12 hours. Meantime I can read the books I have already purchased and downloaded
I thought you were in the UK...my error. The email should work. If not, contact me here and I will provide a sure link for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I will wait until I get an email reply before clicking 'Accept Answer' in case I need that link from you.
No problem. Safe travels.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The problem seems to be sorted - have finished my download finally and I seem to now have good wireless connection
Wonderful. Have a great week.