simitpatel
simitpatel, Engineer
Experience:  I own and have dismantled both the Sony E-Reader, and 2 models of the Kindle.
15190142

After charging my kindle I cannot get it to go to my home page.

After charging my kindle I cannot get it to go to my home page. I slide and release the power switch ( which is green) and then turns off. The screen saver with a picture of the author on it seems to be distorted as if it were scratched or broken, but it hasn't been physically scratched or broken. I sometimes read in bed, could I have rolled over on it and damaged the screen? Do you think this is repairable?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  simitpatel replied 5 years ago.

simitpatel :

Hello. Let me know when you are ready. Just type into the box below and press enter to reply.

Customer:

Hello Im ready

simitpatel :

From what you have described, it sounds like the screen has failed and will need to be repair. It's not likely to work, but you can Try resetting the Kindle. Make sure the Kindle is unplugged, and then slide the power switch and hold it for 30 seconds. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Customer:

i am holding the power switch right now

Customer:

no results

Customer:

it didn't fix it

simitpatel :

In that case, the screen has surely failed. How long have you had the Kindle?

Customer:

10 months

simitpatel :

OK. It's still under warranty, so you just need to call Amazon at the number below and they will send you a replacement. You will get it in a couple of days and all your books will be available on the replacement.

simitpatel :

1-866-321-8851

simitpatel :

Let me know if you need any more help with this. If I answered your question, please don't forget to click the ACCEPT button.

Customer:

Thank you very much. I appreaciate your help

simitpatel :

You're welcome. Please don't forget to click accept. Any bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated.