Dan T.
Dan T. , Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I cannot get my kindle to register. I have an amazon account,

Customer Question

I cannot get my kindle to register. I have an amazon account, but I am trying to set up a kindle fior my husband on the same account. What am I doing wrong?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dan T. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

1. Is your Kindle connected to a wireless network?
2. When you go to the Settings screen (from the Home menu), do you see the word "register" or "deregister" next to the Registration option?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, my computer is wireless

Yes, the word register is across from Registration

Expert:  Dan T. replied 5 years ago.
What happens when you select "register" and enter the e-mail address and password XXXXX with your Amazon.com account? Note, you'll need to select "Submit" after entering the password.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, I just looked at my kindle and I have Wi-Fi and 3G network capability.

Cathy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The new kindle I am trying to get connected only shows Wi-Fi network capability.

Thanks, Cathy

Expert:  Dan T. replied 5 years ago.
What happens when you select "register" and enter the e-mail address and password associated with your Amazon.com account? Note, you'll need to select "Submit" after entering the password.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When I press register and enter my e-mail and password, it says a Wi-Fi connection is required to complete this task. It also shows

1 Wi-Fi Networks scan

2WIRE458 oconnect

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1 Wi-Fi Networks scan

2WIRE458 connect (with a small lock figure)

at the very bottom it sys: enter other Wi-Fi network

Thanks, CathyB

Expert:  Dan T. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, so you aren't connected to a wireless network. Let's get you connected so you can register it...

1. Press the Home button, then press the Menu button.
  2. Use the 5-way controller to select "Settings."
  3. Select "View" next to "Wi-Fi Settings" to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range.
  4. Choose "connect" next to the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect. If necessary, enter the Wi-Fi network password. Use the SYM key to enter any numbers or symbols in your password, and the Shift key for uppercase characters.

Once you're online, you can register like we talked about earlier.

More questions? Just ask. If not, please click "ACCEPT" and leave me positive feedback! If you don't plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click "ACCEPT." Instead, please let me know what else I can do for you!

Kindest regards,
Dan T.