AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

Kindle will not clear screen. At rest screen is covering

Customer Question

Kindle will not clear screen. At "rest" screen is covering 1/3 of screen and you cannot read or see anything in that 1/3/
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 5 years ago.

AnswerManRob :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

AnswerManRob :

It sounds like a hardware problem, however, it could be software related.

AnswerManRob :

Try rebooting your Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. Your Kindle operating system should reload within three minutes. If this does not occur or the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know. If it corrects the problem, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer will credit me with assisting you.

JACUSTOMER-ew1vqsa1- :

What do I do?

AnswerManRob :

Did you notice it rebooting at all?

JACUSTOMER-ew1vqsa1- :

That did not work. Yes I did notice rebooting.

AnswerManRob :

Approximately when did you purchase the Kindle?

JACUSTOMER-ew1vqsa1- :

Less than a month ago

AnswerManRob :

It sounds like you have a hardware failure and you do not want to void the warranty by taking the Kindle apart. It is covered under a one year warranty against material defects. Let me get that information for you. Standby one moment.

AnswerManRob :

Contact Kindle Warranty Support at 866-321-8851. They will most likely ship a replacement Kindle to you tomorrow. When you receive that Kindle, register it to your Kindle account and you will have access to every book currently in your Kindle archives. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where do you find marriage certificate records?
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.

Those may be at county courthouses, but you will have to submit a question to legal experts. I'm not an expert in that category. Please remember to provide me with a positive rating though. The rating is base on my performance as an electronics expert.