namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Experienced in designing/troubleshooting electronic systems

My kobo ereader wont sync and update my library and my bordersd

My kobo ereader won't sync and update my library and my bordersd books have disappeared off the kobo, and I can't load any books on?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer!

First, perform a simple reset of your kobo as follows:

This will not harm any of the content of your eReader.

Hold down the power button for eight seconds.
Let go, then press it once more firmly.
If that doesn't work, try this next:

Take a small paperclip and unfold it until you have an inch or so of straight wire.
Turn your eReader over and locate the small hole near on its back, in the bottom left corner.
Slide the end of the straightened paperclip into the hole and press gently until you feel a click.
Your eReader will reset.

See if you can see your lost books and also check sync and update.

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Have done what you said and it still doesn't work. I have recently upgraded to a windows7 computer, and installed the kobo on it, do you think this might be the problem, that I have the incorrect drivers or something? Also this only started when I went to kobo online and bought books from this site. I now have tow libraries and all my books on my computer and none on my kobo.

Cheers

Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
Can you see the books when you access your Kobo through the computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

I can see them in my library on the computer, but not on the kobo. Does that make sense, if I open my kobo on the computer I can't see the books, but if I open the borders library they are on there! Hope this helps?

Cheers

Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
Can you copy a book from your computer to Kobo and see if you can see it in Kobo?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't seem to copy it at all! In fact all I can do is open the book and read it on the computer.

Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
What happens when you try to copy a book?

Is it feasible for you to return the Kobo to factory defaults and set it up again (e.g copy books etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing happens, I can't even find how to copy. or move it. How do i reset it to the factory defaults?? any ideas.
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.
You can reset your device to factory defaults as follows:

Note: This type of reset will erase any settings and books on your eReader, so you will need to reconfigure it after the reset, and restore any books you had on it before the reset.

1. Turn on your eReader.

2. Press Menu.

3. Select Settings.

4. Select Advanced.

5. Select Reset Device Now.
namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience: Experienced in designing/troubleshooting electronic systems
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks!