Mike, Technician
Experience:  6+ years support, troubleshooting, repair, and programming experience.
11762411

My kindle will not turn on and the screen is white. Also it

My kindle will not turn on and the screen is white. Also it has been on the charger
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Mike :

Thank you for posting your question on JustAnswer.com! Once you've joined the chat, please post a short message using the reply box below to let me know you're ready to begin.

Customer:

I'm ready

Mike :

Hello... First, I'd just like to establish which model/generation Kindle you have there. Do you recall the approximate date you purchased or received your Kindle (month/year is fine)?

Customer:

Christmas 2010

Mike :

Great, thank you. The newer models are much easier to work with...

Mike :

Let's start with a standard reset. Assuming this is a software related issue, the reset will get it working again. I'll walk you through...

Customer:

ok

Mike :

The reset procedure for your model Kindle is as follows:

1) Unplug your Kindle (if it is plugged in).
2) Slide and hold the power switch for at least 20 seconds.
3) Release the power switch and wait.
4) Your Kindle will go blank and the screen may flash on/off a few times.
5) After a few moments, the reset should be complete and your Kindle should power on.

Important: it's imperative that you hold the switch long enough (20 seconds) in step 2. If the button is not held long enough, it won't trigger the reset.

Customer:

ok it is working

Mike :

Fantastic! Glad to hear that! Now that it is back up and running, I recommend plugging it in to charge until the light turns green to indicate that it is fully charged...

Mike :

... a low battery will often cause the Kindle screen to go blank and become unresponsive, although that's not always the case.

Customer:

ok

Mike :

Please feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have to make sure you have a good understanding of the information and/or solution I've provided. Otherwise, please click the Accept button if you're happy with my service; that's the only way I'm paid for my time in assisting you. Thank you and have a great rest of your day/evening!