AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics

My Kindle is not working. The following buttons are not functioning

My Kindle is not working. The following buttons are not functioning "menu", "home" and the button that allows you to select (go back to) the story I was originally reading. It has power so that's not the issue. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Marta Barclay XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 3 years ago.

AnswerManRob :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

AnswerManRob :

Most likely you have glitched software. Reboot the Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. The Kindle should come back online within 3 minutes or so. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know. If it does correct it, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer credits me with assisting you today.

Customer:

Hi there, well it did reboot but the button still are not working. The only thing that seems to work is the page forward and back. I can't select on the book I had "open" to continue to read.

AnswerManRob :

Did you see the Kindle reboot?

Customer:

Yes, and it then listed my front page with past books selected with the one I'm reading at the top and highlighted... just won't open to continue. I've tried pushing menu to see if that works and allows me back in the Kindle store, etc, but no luck. Pushing the home button isn't working either.

AnswerManRob :

This sounds like your keypad is broken. When did you purchase the Kindle?

Customer:

My husband bought it for me for Christmas.

AnswerManRob :

Oh...your Kindle is covered by a warranty against material failures.

AnswerManRob :

Let me get that information for you

Customer:

Great, standing by, thanks so much. I'm so bummed as I'm right in the middle of a great book!

AnswerManRob :

Contact Kindle Warranty Support at(NNN) NNN-NNNN If they replace the Kindle, you can download the books into the replacement Kindle as soon as you register it to your account.

AnswerManRob :

You can read it on your computer for free if you wish while you wait for the new or repaired Kindle.

AnswerManRob :

Did you want that program? It's free.

Customer:

Sure, that would be great. Thanks for the phone # XXXXX help. M

AnswerManRob :

No problem. Let me find that download for you as well. One moment

AnswerManRob :

CLICK HERE and follow the instructions. If you have more questions, please ask, if not, please remember to accept my answer and have a great evening.

AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience: Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics