AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics

My kobo went to a totally blank screen and I cant get anything

My kobo went to a totally blank screen and I can't get anything on it! WHAT to do?
Gail
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 2 years ago.

AnswerManRob :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Customer:

KOBO ereader

AnswerManRob :

Have you tried resetting it?

Customer:

how do I reset it? Is that with a pin in the back? If so, NO I haven't

AnswerManRob :

Yes

AnswerManRob :

That's correct

Customer:

should I try that? Do I just put a straight pin in the back?

AnswerManRob :

You can also perform a reset by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. That's not as thorough, but may work.

AnswerManRob :

An unfolded paper clip or the tip of an earring may work a little better than a pin

AnswerManRob :

Any luck with the power button Gail? If not, try the other reset

AnswerManRob :

However, you do need something sturdy

Customer:

I just tried pushing the OFF button but nothing.... I did the paper clip too still nothing

AnswerManRob :

It needs to be pressed pretty firmly...here's how the user guide terms it

AnswerManRob :

you can also reset your ereader by unfolding a paperclip and sliding it into the hole on the back of your ereader. Press until you feel a firm click.

Customer:

when I push it, the power light comes on, red then blue and then it goes off

AnswerManRob :

Plug it into the charger for three minutes, then while plugged in, try it.

AnswerManRob :

How long have you owned the Kobo?

Customer:

I think about a year

AnswerManRob :

It does have a one year warranty if it has actually failed

Customer:

trouble is,I am Grenada and not Toronto

AnswerManRob :

Oh...that's not good. The only number I have for them is an 866 toll free number

AnswerManRob :

Let me see if I can find an alternate

Customer:

Stll nothing after plugging it thank you

Customer:

what happens to all my books if this is broken?

AnswerManRob :

Very strange. No number other than that one. CLICK HERE it contains a contact page for the company. I believe you can download them into the new Kobo, but ask them to be sure.

AnswerManRob :

I hope the rest of your day improves. Stay safe and thank you for using JustAnswer.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was not satisfied. What I was told to do didn't work and there was no info as to who to call and what to do with my KOBO now?

I provided a link.

CLICK HERE
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience: Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics