namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Experienced in designing/troubleshooting electronic systems

My nook doesnt work anymore, it wont take a charge and the

My nook doesn't work anymore, it won't take a charge and the screen is Bronte Sisters. This happened once ib the past. I took it to the store and the hit a "reset" button. I have the back off. I took the battery out and made sure it was installed correctly. I cannot see any reset button to try. HELP

Tom Caulfield
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  namstech replied 3 years ago.

Najeeb :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Najeeb :

To reset the nook, slide and hold power button for 12 seconds and release.

Najeeb :

Then take out the battery and replace it back.

Najeeb :

Now turn ON the nook.

Customer:

Tha is one of the problems it won't start or charge

Customer:

I left it"charging" all night the charging light never came on

Najeeb :

When did this started?

Najeeb :

Any physical damage or similar after which this happened?

Customer:

Last night is when the problem began and there id no physical damage it has not been dropped etc

Najeeb :

Have you tried changing the socket?

Customer:

Yes

Najeeb :

Tried charging nook with the computer?

Najeeb :

Connect it to computer through the USB and check if you get charge indication.

Customer:

Okay, I'll give it try

Najeeb :

ok.

Customer:

the charge light just went using the USP port

Najeeb :

Ok. Charge it for sometime and see if you can turn it ON.

Customer:

okay, I'll give a couple minutes

Najeeb :

Ok.

Customer:

Won't start yet how much do you it shoule take? I have no problem charging this way if it workks

Najeeb :

Is power cord connected to computer?

Customer:

Yes

Najeeb :

Check in 10-15 minutes.

Customer:

The charging light went out and it started on its own. I am getting the message "If you want to use your nook and continue charging please either chood\se eject or unmount from the nook from the menu for the nook drive on your computer. But I can't get past that point the screen is stuck on that message

Najeeb :

For now, turn it OFF and charge it for 15 minutes and then turn it ON again.

Customer:

okay

Customer:

as soon as I unplugged from the computer I got my normal nook screen

Najeeb :

Ok. It seems your power charger is faulty.

Customer:

I just plugged into a regular socket and it seems to be charging normally. I think you solved my problem. If it happens again I will try this method. Thanks for your wisdom

Najeeb :

Great!

namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience: Experienced in designing/troubleshooting electronic systems