Hi, thanks for posting your question on JustAnswer.com!
Please post a short reply using the reply box below to let me know you're here once you have joined the chat.
Alright, great! First, let's try to identify which model or of which generation you Kindle is. Did you purchase your Kindle within the last year?
Yes. Sometime in October or November of 2010.
Alright, thank you. Is yours the 3G + WiFi or just WiFi model?
Ok, great. Let's try a standard reset. It's relatively simple for your model, but it's not very well documented. I'll walk you through...
The reset procedure is as follows:
1) Unplug your Kindle (if it is plugged in).
2) Slide and hold the power switch for at least 20 seconds.
3) Release the power switch and wait.
4) Your Kindle will go blank and the screen may flash on/off a few times.
5) After a few moments, the reset should be complete and your Kindle should power on.
Note that you won't lose your books. We are just resetting the Kindle operating system.
Hey! I think it might be working. Let's make sure I didn't lose anything...
Great! I'm glad to hear that. Yes, please feel free to take a moment to make sure it is indeed working.
Ta Da! Thanks! I'm glad it was an easy fix.
Me, too. Thank you! Please click the Accept button if you're happy with my service tonight. Thanks again, and have a great night!