simitpatel
simitpatel, Engineer
Experience:  I own and have dismantled both the Sony E-Reader, and 2 models of the Kindle.
15190142

i got an amazon kindle at a pawn shop but it is locked. how

i got an amazon kindle at a pawn shop but it is locked. how do i open it without knowing the pass word?

simitpatel :

Hello. Let me know when you are ready.

Customer:

ready

simitpatel :

When does it ask you for the password?

Customer:

when it is charging

simitpatel :

What does it say on the screen?

Customer:

it also says "move the 5-way down if you forgot your password." what is the 5-way?

simitpatel :

The 5-way is the little 'joystick' controller on the right side

Customer:

ok. now it says to call customer service the get help resetting the device. can you still help me or should i call them?

simitpatel :

If you are seeing that password XXXXX then the only way to get the Kindle reset is to call Amazon, and have them remove this lock on the device.

simitpatel :

Exactly. That's the only way to do it. It's a security measure to prevent access to the kindle in case it is stolen.

simitpatel :

Let me know if you need any more help with this. If I answered your question, please don't forget to click the ACCEPT button.

Customer:

ok. i guess that is all i needed then. this kindle thing is all new to me.

Customer:

if i need help how do i contact you again?

simitpatel :

I'm sure you will love it. Just bookmark this page, and you can come back to it at any time.

Customer:

ok. how do i do that? i am not the fluent with the computer either. i use it for work but, not the lil extras like book marking a page.

simitpatel :

Just press the CTRL key and the "D" key at the same time. Then click the OK key on the small window that comes up.

Customer:

ok. thank you.

simitpatel :

No problem. Please don't forget to click the ACCEPT button. Any bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated.