Mike, Technician
Experience:  6+ years support, troubleshooting, repair, and programming experience.
11762411

My kindle will not stay on. The green liht comes on and goes

My kindle will not stay on. The green liht comes on and goes right back off. It is fully charged. The router is on
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Mike :

Hi, thanks for posting your question on JustAnswer.com!

Please let me know when you have joined the chat.

Mike :

It appears that you are unable to join the chat, I'll switch to Q&A format and provide a solution there.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
The first step is try a reset. A reset will usually correct any software related bugs or issues and restore your Kindle to normal working order. If you have one of the newer generation Kindles such as the Kindle 2, Kindle 3, or any Kindle purchased new within the past few years, the reset procedure is as follows:

1) Unplug your Kindle (if it is plugged in).

2) Slide and hold the power switch for at least 20 seconds.

3) Release the power switch and wait.

4) Your Kindle will go blank and the screen may flash on/off a few times.

5) After a few moments, the reset should be complete and your Kindle should power on.

If you have the first generation Kindle (very first Kindle), the reset procedure is as follows:

2) Turn the Kindle over and remove the back cover by pressing and sliding the cover to the right.

3) Using a paper clip or other small object, press and release the reset button.

The rest should get it going again for you. If not, please let me know, and I'll offer further guidance.

Regards,

Edited by Mike on 1/25/2011 at 6:57 PM EST