MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer,2yrs+exp as circuit analyst.
22727371

I cant get my Kindle to turn on. I was reading on it 2 days

I can't get my Kindle to turn on. I was reading on it 2 days ago and everything was fine. I thought it needed to be recharged, so I plugged it in last night for a few hours. It still will not turn on???
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  MD.SADIQUE replied 3 years ago.

khanjeevan :

Hi

khanjeevan :

Welcome to justanswer.com

Customer :

thankx

khanjeevan :

Is it a kindle with wifi and 3G ?

Customer :

It has wifi, I'm not sure about 3G

khanjeevan :

What is the age of your kindle ?

khanjeevan :

Thanks for your patience...

khanjeevan :

Lets try resetting the unit .............

follow the steps below-

Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.
Slide the power switch to the on position and hold it there for 30 seconds.

then release the switch.

After about 5 to 10 seconds the Kindle will flash on and off several times. The Amazon logo will appear along with a progress bar showing the Kindle is restarting

khanjeevan :

Tell me how it goes!

Customer :

Sorry, my internet went down while I was talking to you yesterday. So I didn't get your message until now. I tried what you suggested, the green light did come on, it hadn't been doing that; however, it didn't stay on and the Kindle still will not come on. Any other ideas??

khanjeevan :

hmmm

Customer :

I'm glad you are still there.

khanjeevan :

We love to help our customers.

khanjeevan :

Is your kindle fully charged.

Customer :

I'm not sure because it wouldn't come on, but I had it plugged in for about 8 hours.

khanjeevan :

What is the age of your Kindle ?

Customer :

I got it from new from Amazon 3 months ago.

khanjeevan :

okay

khanjeevan :

Please try resetting once again

khanjeevan :

then release the switch.

Customer :

ok

khanjeevan :

Please slide and hold the power buton for full 30 seconds

Customer :

I tried again. This time I didn't even get a green light.

khanjeevan :

okay

khanjeevan :

let me clarify...........Is your kindle connected to the computer ?

Customer :

No

khanjeevan :

It seems to be hardware problem

khanjeevan :

Give me a minute

khanjeevan :

let me clarify

khanjeevan :

Were you able to see the charging indicator last night on the kindle ?

Customer :

I'm not sure what that is or where it is.

khanjeevan :

On the base of the kindle there is a charge light

Customer :

I've plugged it in and can see yhe charging indicator

khanjeevan :

If charging indicator is on it verifies that the AC adapter is fine and the battery has gone bad

khanjeevan :

You have to immediately send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them, and obtain an RA# XXXXX to sending it. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one . Here is the link for Kindle Service and Warranty information along with their phone number.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kland_faq_warserv?nodeId=200144510&/lwarranty

You don't need to worry because your unit has warranty and amazon will repair it for free

Immediately send it to amazon without any delay.

Customer :

So now what do I do?

khanjeevan :

khanjeevan :

You can also contact kindle support at

United States: 1-866-321-8851

Outside the United States: 1-206-266-0927

Customer :

Thanks for your help!!!:)

khanjeevan :

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you find my services satisfactory.

Customer :

okay

khanjeevan :

Thank you !

MD.SADIQUE, Engineer
Experience: Electronics engineer,2yrs+exp as circuit analyst.