Dr. Ashori
Dr. Ashori, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

My doc did a drug screen onApr 10. My prescription was

Customer Question

My doc did a drug screen onApr 10. My prescription was filled prior on March 22 she said. But it didn't show up in my urine. I take it every night, no one has access to it. Would it show up if I missed a dose before the test?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: urine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: December 15 - April 26 had 3 brain surgerys for three cranial aneurysms, I was very upset and worried prior to all these. The pills themselves are very tiny and easy to drop.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 1 month ago.

Which medication are you referring to please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Triazolam (Halcion) My other meds are blood thinners (for the aneurysms surgeries Lipotor), Amolodipine (Blood Pressure med), atorvastatin (cholesterol med), Lorazapam (for nerves and anxiety) , Cymbalta and amitriptyline (for depression). an Aspirin a day,(more blood thinning), Cetirizine Zyrtec for allergies,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I don't want to talk on the phone, I get confused.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only med that did not show up on the screen is Halcion for sleep.

Halcion is one of the few benzos which may not show up in the common urine drug test. For these benzos your doctor would need to do a more specific test to look for the metabolite for halcion.

Your doctor may not be aware of this since many doctors think that just because a medication is a benzo, it should show up with a benzo test. However, that's not true with medications such as halcion, restoril and clonopin.

You can take this link to your doctor (along with this conversation) to demonstrate that the test they used likely was negative because it wasn't specific enough.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help. I took the halcion early in the evening, as I was exhausted. It was about 7. The Doctor's appt was for 2 the next afternoon. I think maybe an additional hour went by before the test where halcion did not show up. Appreciate the time and the assurance that sometimes, this can happen with halcion Thanks again -- jean ann
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears you've requested a new expert. May I help answer any questions remaining ?

Sure, not a problem. Hope you can figure it out with your doctor.

Please let me know if I can help you any further with this problem or if you have any other questions for me.