Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I did a small amount of coke last might and got called in

Customer Question

Hello. I did a small amount of coke last might and got called in for dot 45304n test tonight. I purchased a home test kit and didn't like the results. Hardly a line a all..if posture this will be 2nd chance from 20 years ago. Really worried
JA: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?
Customer: Whatever is in that 45304n
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Only high blood pressure med
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?
Customer: For years now. I get anxiety often
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually they are going to be testing you for cocaine, along with 4 other drugs including marijuana, opiates, PCP and amphetamines. This is the simple 5 panel DOT test and it will be able to pick up on cocaine use which is as recent as 24 hours ago. Even a small amount of cocaine can be detected in the urine as it remains in the body for upto 3 days after a single use. Also the DOT tests are more sensitive then home testing kits in most cases.

So unfortunately if you are going to be tested today, chances are that it will come back as positive. The reason being that cocaine stays detectable in the urine for upto 3 days after a single use. I understand that you do not want to hear this but if i tell you anything less than the complete truth it would be unethical of me. Please remember that while leaving a rating.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/