Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have been on norcos for awhile now and also on probation.

Customer Question

I have been on norcos for awhile now and also on probation. They know about my norcos because I have a script. I am tired of taking them and want to get off. I tried soboxone for the transition with the hope of phasing off. I have a probation visit next Monday and also work 5 13 hour shifts at night during the week. I wanted to know if number 1, if it will show up if the UA me. Also, a doctor that I could get to prescribe them for me.
JA: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?
Customer: January 9. It is usually a UA and I believe they usually put a panel in it. I am a transfer and they haven't tested in a couple of months so I really don't remember.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: HBP. No illegal drugs. Norco is all I do. And I've actually been off of them for a month now.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The Suboxone can be identified on a confirmatory drug test, such as GC/MS. A screening test would not be able to identify the Suboxone, but if they want to know whether you are taking any opiates beyond the Norco, they would routinely check a confirmatory drug test.

If you have been off the Norco for a month, it is not clear why you would need a doctor to prescribe the Suboxone. Could you clarify the situation?

I have not heard back about clarification of the situation.

If you have not taken the Norco for a month, it would generally not be necessary to take the Suboxone. But if it were taken, it could be detected by a confirmatory urine drug test.