Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Ok so I have a prescription for Norco 5/325, but I ran out.

Customer Question

Ok so I have a prescription for Norco 5/325, but I ran out. I won't be able refill my prescription until Monday. My question is, if I take oxycodone as a replacement until Monday and I get selected for a random DOT drug test sometime next week will the oxycodone show up?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: No it's not time sensitive issue. I haven't taken any oxycodone in fear that it would show up on a drug test. It would be a urine specimen
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No that should be it
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, the oxycodone can be detectable for most of next week if you take some over this weekend. Since the oxycodone has a short half-life, it is typically only detectable in a urine drug test for up to three days after last use. So, if the last use of oxycodone is Sunday night, a random drug test may detect the oxycodone through Wednesday, and a drug test later in the week would typically not detect the oxycodone. If the last use of oxycodone is Monday morning, then it may be detected up through Thursday morning, and a drug test later in the week would typically not detect the oxycodone.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thanks doc the information was helpful

You are most welcome.