Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I am a male in late 60s in good health and no medical

Customer Question

I am a male in late 60s in good health and no medical problems. I just got a part time job and they do drug testing. Every once in a while i Party and will do maybe 6-7 bumps of coke during the night. I wont drink or smoke while taking coke. How long before I will be safe for a drug test. also, will coke show up in my regular yearly physical blood and urine testing.
JA: OK. I'm trying to find the right doctor for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do by best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Thank you so much for waiting. This would depend on several factors, mainly how high of a dose would be in your system and also how long between the parties. Here are the general guidelines:

Cocaine drug tests generally use a cut-off of 300 ng/mL to indicate positive use. Very low concentrations of cocaine may be detected in urine during the initial few hours after use. In general, cocaine metabolites like benzoylecgonine can be detected in urine 2–4 days after use for sporadic users and up to 12 days after use for chronic users or following a binge.

Still, another factor in the detection of cocaine in the system is mode of administration and dosage. For example, an intravenous dose of 20 mg cocaine can be detected for 1.5 days while street doses of cocaine (administered via different routes) can be detectable up to 1 week. Extremely high doses of cocaine can be found in the system up to 3 weeks after last use.

So in general, in most people who use once in a while, it would be safe to test after 72 hours, although it does depend on your metabolism. If they do a hair follicle test, that would be positive for approximately 3 months.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon!

Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 12 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!