Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am scheduled to take a SAP 5-50 W/OP + /T tomorrow. I do

Customer Question

I am scheduled to take a SAP 5-50 W/OP + MDMA/T tomorrow. I do not use drugs in terms of street drugs or prescription drugs. However I had a problem with alcohol and I consider myself in recovery. I attend meetings. I relapsed and went to detox 3 weeks ago. Will the valium they gave me then show up in this urine too screen?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take Wellbutrin, and Topomax for Bipolar II disorder, Buspar for anxiety and am currently taking Antibuse to help me in my first few months of sobriety. I have considered Naloxone, but have not tried it because I am not certain it would help any more than daily AA meetings.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, valium will show up as a benzodiazepine in your urine

but if you have a prescription for it, you can show it to them and say you have a prescription for valium and that explains the benzos in your test.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know that it will show up in a urine too screen test and that it can stay in the body for a long time. The question actually is, will it be tested for in the SAP 5-50 test from Quest Labs which actually doesn't look like it tests for Valium? After 3 weeks it may no longer be in my system, but if they are not even testing for it and testing for 5 other substances then there are no real worries. I would rather not tell them I went to rehab if I don't have to.

SAP 5-50 test from Quest Labs tests for Amphetamines, Cocaine Metabolites, Marijuana Metabolites, Opiates, Phencyclidine

it doesn't even test for benzodiazepines. so it will not check for valium.

valium is only detectable for 5 days after use

so you don't have to worry.

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter/BUOrderInfo.action?tc=6404&labCode=SKB

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com