Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I took a gram of cocaine six days ago and I have a military

Customer Question

I took a gram of cocaine six days ago and I have a military urine test today. Two weeks prior to that I took a gram and a half of coke through the weekend. Should I be good?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Drug test
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Can i ask are these the only two instances when you have used cocaine? Also are you on any prescription medications or have any medical conditions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I use cocaine maybe once or twice a month. Half a gram to a gram during a night. No prescription pills. I was drinking
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No medical conditions

Thank you for the additional information,

Well usually cocaine would be undetectable at most 5 days after using it, in the urine. However, there are certain factors which can extend the detection time upto 10 days, concomittant use of alcohol being one of them. Secondly, if you are semi chronic user of cocaine that can cause the metabolism of cocaine to be altered as well meaning it can take upto 14 days in some patients for cocaine to completely undetectable in the urine.

In your case, given the use of cocaine with alcohol, it will be touch and go at best. if you hadnt used alcohol then i would say that you are safe and it wont be detected in the urine. However since you were drinking, i would say that there is a 50% chance of it being detected in your urine even if it has been six days. Alcohol alters the metabolism and would delay excretion or rather elimination of cocaine from the system.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.