Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

How long does beer stay in you urine? I am taking numerous

Customer Question

how long does beer stay in you urine?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am taking numerous medications but I think that the oxycodone and diazam would show more than the others
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: are u there
JA: No. I'm the Doctor's Assistant.
Customer: did you read my previous message abou the medications
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The usual test for alcohol is actually a test for a metabolites of alcohol, called ethyl glucuronide, or EtG. While the EtG test is touted to be a test that will be positive for up to 80 hours, the reality is the vast majority of people will become negative between 24 and 48 hours.

If you are in a situation in which a positive test has dire consequences, you would be wise to avoid any alcohol intake for 80 hours before a test, if possible. But if an unanticipated test has come up, it is more realistic that you would usually become negative between 24 and 48 hours after drinking the beer.

If they are also performing a drug test, then the oxycodone and the diazepam may also be detected, but will not alter the time that the EtG will be detected. The oxycodone is not well detected by the generic opiate test, but the lab can do tests that will accurately detect the oxycodone.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Please let me know if i can provide any further assistance.