Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

How long would Ativan be detectable in a Urine test?

Customer Question

Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Linda D. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist and certified drug/alcohol specialist. Thank you for using Just Answer. Ativan is a benzodiazepine that will show for at least 3 days and possibly longer, to 6 weeks, if your metabolism is slow, and/or you are any amount of overweight since it stores itself in fat cells. I hope this answer meets your needs, if not please let me know if I can help you further. I would appreciate you taking a moment to rate my service to you as this is the only way we are compensated for our time. Thank you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I take Ativan as needed and it's usually once or twice a month.Last week I took 1 mg/ day for 3 days - the last one being Sunday night. I am considering a new job offer and the employer wants me to do a urine drug test which has a Benzo cutoff of 50 ng/ml. I need to take this test this coming Tuesday. With this dosage and frequency (as needed)- do you think I need to be worried about the drug test?
Expert:  Linda D. replied 8 months ago.

Honestly at this dose and the infrequency that you take it as well as the last dose being last Sunday, i am pretty sure you are going to be okay. Drink lots of fluids today and tomorrow but not Monday after about 2:00pm in the afternoon. But again, I am pretty sure you will be okay at this low dose and frequency. I wish you all the best. Linda