Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I drank Saturday night about 12-14 drinks which I stopped at

Customer Question

hello I drank Saturday night about 12-14 drinks which I stopped at approximately 2am It is now Wednesday and I will be given an Etg test at 10PM tonight. Any chance of me passing?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your situation. The EtG test can accurately detect alcohol in your body for up to 5 days at a time and it also depends on the number of alcoholic bevarages which you had as well. Considering the number of drinks and the time which has elapsed, im sorry to say that chances that you wont be able to pass the test. It is at best a 20-30% chance that you will be able to pass the test but in all likelihood you would still have detectable levels of EtG in your body which would be picked up on the test. While in most EtG tests the usual time frame of detection is 80 hours, the newer tests can detect it upto 120 hours or 5 days. So it depends which type of test you will be getting but again, it is likely that you will fail the test

I know that maybe this wasnt the answer that you were looking for but if i gave you the wrong information that would be dishonest of me.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/