Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

If you strip dye and use a detox shampoo the night before a

Customer Question

If you strip dye and use a detox shampoo the night before a hair drug test
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It looks like your question was cut off, but a common question is whether these hair products can help you pass a hair drug test, and the answer is yes, although it is not a certainty that you will pass.

These strong hair products can reduce the level of drug metabolites in the hair, but they will not completely eliminate the metabolites. In clinical studies, the level of drug metabolites in hair can be reduced by almost half in some people. In someone that is closer to the threshold for detection, then this is sufficient to be able to pass the test. However, someone that has much more drug in their system, decreasing the level by half will not be sufficient to get below the threshold of detection, so the test will still be positive.

From another perspective, if you have been using drugs, using one of these products would be your best chance of passing.

Does this address the question you were asking?

Or is there additional information that you are seeking?

I have not heard back whether there is any additional information that you are seeking, so I will infer that I have addressed your question.

However, if I can provide any further information, please let me know.