DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems
24257177

Cocaine showed in drug test never used it, urine, l,

Customer Question

cocaine showed in drug test never used it
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: urine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: l
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

Hello

If they did not send the sample for confirmatory testing [GC/MS] then they can not say it was positive.

If they tested specifically for cocaine and its metabolite, or if they did confirmatory testing, then the test is not inaccurate. At this point, the only explanation would be that samples were mixed up. Lab error.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/