Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

If I drank heavily on the weekend and had 110 hours (Friday)

Customer Question

If I drank heavily on the weekend and had 110 hours (Friday) of sobriety, is there a chance I passed my etg test? I know there are many variables, but is it possible or is 120 hours the cutoff. I'm nervous because it's been almost 2 weeks and I have not gotten back my results. Maybe no news is good news?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your situation.

Well the bad news is that EtG testing is able to detect alcohol in your system upto 5 days which comes to 120 hours as you said, however that is not a given. As you rightly said that there are a number of factors which can play into the accuracy of the test but in most cases it has been reported that the accuracy of the test is upto 80 hours. There have been cases where it has been able to detect the alcohol for 5 days but most authorities agree that the accuracy is most in the past 4 days. This means that the test is reliably able to detect alcohol for upto 80 - 90 hours.

So it is very possible that your test came back negative but the only way to be sure is to get your results back. But in short, YES it is possible that your test came back as negative.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,