DrThomasMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems

I had 2 teeth pulled out on march 1st I got a script of

Customer Question

I had 2 teeth pulled out on march 1st I got a script of hydrocodone I didn't take all the pills I still have some left I have bone coming out of my gums so I took 2 of my pills on may 24 well the next day At work the popped me with a random drug test I failed can they fire me for taking 2of my pills from a script I got on march 1st
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

As long as you used it for the teeth, and you have a script, and you reported it on your drug test, it should not be reported as a positive.

You can clarify this with the medical review officer if needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here