Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

I am attempting to interpret results from a drug test that

Customer Question

Hello...I am attempting to interpret results from a drug test that came up positive for oxycodone as 1815 pg/mg
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: what does that mean? what are normal ranges for this particular drug
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: A hair test was done and this was the number that was documented...testing postive
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know how much would be in system and for how long...as well as: Nordiazepam LCMSMS POSITIVE 159 pg/mg and: Hydrocodone LCMSMS POSITIVE 282 pg/mg
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis simply means that the hair analysis was positive for oxycodone.The level does not say how much you used.It is a level above the threshold for toxicity, meaning it is a positive test.Oxycodone is a synthetic opiate and not part of normal drug panels.This means it was a custom test and they were testing specifically for this drug among others. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/