Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I am expecting to get a drug test and I freak out since y

Customer Question

I am expecting to get a drug test and I freak out since y husband tested false positive from a Hungarian poppy seed cake he ate the night before testing
We had no idea we are not "drug educated " and need to know what foods to avoid or what pills to avoid to not test false positive
The drug that I take for pcos everyday is Metformin. Do I need to stop that?
Thanks
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 6 months ago.
GreetingsNo. You don't have to worry about this. Opium and poppy seeds are extracted fro the same plant and some poppy seed are still contaminated with opium and that's what they give false positive drug test. Poppy seeds is just about the only one that would give false positive drug test. Metformin id not a problem. If you are not using drugs, you should not worry about the test. Best wishes
If this satisfies your question, please complete the stars rating above. This is how we get credit for the service. You may still email me with questions about this topic after the rating. Best wishes
If this satisfies your question, please complete the stars rating above. This is how we get credit for the service. You may still email me with question on this issue after the rating. Best wishes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How about Advil and over the counter sleep aids and nasal decongestant?
No, non of these drugs would give you false positive drug tests